Pastor Greg is launching a new evangelism program for our church and he is unveiling it in this four-part series called “GO!” With a primary focus on The Great Commission, Pastor G will train us how to be effective and enthusiastic evangelists for Jesus. He has set a visionary goal for us to double in size as a church by the end of the year 2020. That will only happen if we ALL invite others to join us. When you have been properly trained and discipled yourself, sharing your faith with others becomes easy, enjoyable and spiritually fulfilling. We receive a tremendous feeling of blessing and accomplishment when we are actively obeying the commands of Jesus. Please join us for this powerful and uplifting four-part series.
… “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” ~ Matthew 28:18-20
… but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence; and keep a good conscience so that in the thing in which you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ will be put to shame. ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it. ~ Matthew 7:13-14
SIX POINTS ON THE ROMANS ROAD
1) Everyone Needs Salvation
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. ~ Romans 3:23
2) Jesus Died For Our Salvation
But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. ~ Romans 5:8
3) Salvation Is A Gift
The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. ~ Romans 6:23
4) We Are Saved By Grace
And if by grace, then it is no longer of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace. ~ Romans 11:6
Χάρις (GREEK) ~ Charis (ENGLISH)
God’s Riches At Christ’s Expense
5) Salvation Comes Through Faith
To Him who … believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness. ~ Romans 4:5
Faith is the confidence that Jesus is who He says He is and that He will do what He has promised to do.
6) God Saves All Who Call Upon Him
Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved. ~ Romans 10:13
CALL THE QUESTION
Would you like to begin this kind of relationship with God where you can know that all your sins are forgiven and know that you have eternal life with God after this life is through?
I planted, Apollos watered, but God was causing the growth. So then neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but God who causes the growth. Now he who plants and he who waters are one; but each will receive his own reward according to his own labor. ~ 1 Corinthians 3:6-8
GOD IS NOT AGAINST YOU for your sins.
GOD IS FOR YOU, against your sins.
And there is a world of difference.
And Jesus said to them, “Follow Me, and I will make you become fishers of men.” ~ Mark 1:17
…. God … reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation, namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation. Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. ~ 2 Corinthians 5:18b-20
PERSONAL REFLECTION &
ALOHA GROUP DISCUSSION QUESTIONS
READ: Matthew 7:13-14
1) What is the road that leads to destruction? Why is the gate and road that leads to destruction so wide? Why is it so heavily traveled?
2) What is the small gate and the narrow way? Why does it lead to life? Why is it only found by a few?
READ: Romans 3:23
1) Do you believe this is true of you? Have you sinned? Have you fallen short of the glory of God? Why or why not? Do you feel like you need salvation? (Note: You may already be saved. The question is, did you NEED to be saved? Could you have saved yourself?)
READ: Romans 5:8
1) How does that make you feel, to know that while you were still a sinner, Christ died for you? Paul says this demonstrated God’s love for us. Why is that?
READ: Romans 6:23
1) What does it mean that “the wages of sin is death?” Why is death our “wages?” How did God offer the gift Paul is talking about here? How do you become the owner of a “gift?” Is there any other way to become the owner of a “gift?”
READ: Romans 11:6
1) If you had to explain the words and the Christian concept of “grace” to someone who was not yet a believer, how would you explain it in your own words? What’s so amazing about grace?
READ: Romans 4:5
1) How do you believe “on” Jesus? Is that different than believing “in” Jesus? Why? What does Paul mean when he says our faith in Jesus is counted as our righteousness? How does that work?
READ: Romans 10:13
1) Paul says “Whoever” who call on the name of the Lord will be saved. Does that include people like serial killers, and rapists and terrorists and pedophiles and murderers and drug dealers and abusive spouses? Why or why not? If “those kinds of people” can get saved does that seem fair? Why or why not?
2) Have you ever felt like you are “too bad” or “not good enough” to be a Christian, to go to church, to be saved? In light of this Scripture, and the group’s answer to the questions in part 1, do you feel like you can call on the name of Jesus and definitely be saved? Why or why not?
READ: Pastor Greg’s “CALL THE QUESTION” Question
1) Have you ever been asked this question (or a question very similar to this)? If so, how did you respond?
2) If you have never been asked this question (or a question very similar to this) Pastor Greg is asking it to you now? What is your response?
READ: 1 Corinthians 3:6-8
1) How would you explain the analogy and metaphor Paul is making here to someone who has never heard it before? What is being planted? What is being watered?
2) What is the growth being referred to here? Is it possible to know if you are planting, watering or harvesting? If so, how?
READ: Mark 1:17
1) Jesus continues to give that two-word invitation to every person on earth. He says, “Follow Me!” What do you have to do before you can follow Jesus? What kind of person do you have to be before you can follow Jesus? As you read the Gospels, does Jesus have any prerequisites before He invites you to follow Him?
2) What does it mean to follow Jesus? Where are you following Him? How are you following Him? For how long? What does it mean to be a “fisher of men?” How do you fish for men?
READ: 2 Corinthians 5:18b-20
1) On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being not at all prepared and 10 being super prepared, how prepared do you feel to share the Gospel with a non-believer right now? How excited are you to be an ambassador for Jesus in Waikoloa?