Pastor Greg is launching a new evangelism program for our church and he is unveiling it in this four-part series called “GO!” With a primary focus on The Great Commission, Pastor G will train us how to be effective and enthusiastic evangelists for Jesus. He has set a visionary goal for us to double in size as a church by the end of the year 2020. That will only happen if we ALL invite others to join us. When you have been properly trained and discipled yourself, sharing your faith with others becomes easy, enjoyable and spiritually fulfilling. We receive a tremendous feeling of blessing and accomplishment when we are actively obeying the commands of Jesus. Please join us for this powerful and uplifting four-part series.
And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” ~ Matthew 28:18-20
Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name. At that time many will fall away and will betray one another and hate one another. Many false prophets will arise and will mislead many. Because lawlessness is increased, most people’s love will grow cold. But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved. This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come. ~ Matthew 24:9-14
… you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.” ~ Acts 1:8
THE FOUR SPIRITUAL LAWS
LAW ONE: God loves you and offers a wonderful plan for your life.
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. ~ John 3:16
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly. ~ John 10:10
LAW TWO: Man is sinful and separated from God. Therefore, he cannot know and experience God’s love and plan for his life.
… for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, ~ Romans 3:23
For the wages of sin is death … ~ Romans 6:23
LAW THREE: Jesus Christ is God’s only provision for our sin. Through Him alone we can know God personally and experience God’s love and plan for our lives.
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. ~ Romans 3:23
But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. ~ Romans 5:8
For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. After that He appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep; ~ 1 Corinthians 15:3-6
LAW FOUR: We must individually receive Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord; then we can know and experience God’s love and plan for our lives.
But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name ~ John 1:12
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. ~ Ephesians 2:8-9
Now there was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews; this man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, “Rabbi, we know that You have come from God as a teacher; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him.” Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” Nicodemus *said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born, can he?” Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not be amazed that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit.” ~ John 3:1-8
Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me. ~ Revelation 3:20
Which circle would you like to have represent your life?
You can receive Christ right now, by faith, through prayer.
And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:11-13
… “I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you,” ~ Hebrews 13:5
He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him. ~ John 14:21
GO DEEPER – PERSONAL REFLECTION QUESTIONS
ALOHA GROUP DISCUSSION QUESTIONS
READ: Law One and the accompanying Scriptures
1) Do you believe God loves you? Why or why not? Do you believe God has a wonderful plan for your life? Why or why not? Is it possible to experience great personal tragedy, loss or pain and still be experiencing God’s “wonderful” plan for your life? Why or why not? What makes a life “wonderful” in this context?
READ: Law Two and the accompanying Scriptures
1) Can you think of any way, apart from Jesus, that you can clear the distance between you and God? If so, share it with the group? What are some ways or things people turn to or trust in to make them feel like they have cleared that gap between them and God? Why are people afraid to believe that Jesus is the only answer?
READ: Law Three and the accompanying Scriptures
1) Do you agree that Jesus is God’s ONLY provision for our sin? Is there another way to get to heaven other than through a saving relationship with Jesus as your Lord and Savior? If so, what is it? Can you point to a Bible Scripture that backs up your answer?
READ: Law Four and the accompanying Scriptures
1) Have you ever prayed, asking Jesus to be the Lord and Savior of your life? If you have, share your testimony with the group. Do you feel as though you have been “born again” in the way that Jesus is describing it to Nicodemus? If you have, how would you explain that experience to someone who has not been born again? What is different about you now that you have been born again?
2) Which of the two circles represents your life right now? Which circle do you want to represent your life? If your answers are not the same what do you need to do? Pastor Greg mentioned there is actually a third circle option he will talk about in the final week of this series. What do you think it will look like? He has shared it before in other messages, do you remember? It has to do with living life as a “carnal” Christian. What does that mean?
3) As you look at the train diagram, which of those train cars do you most often tend to put as the primary leader in your spiritual life? Do you need to change the order at all in your life? Share that with your group. See if someone can offer assistance.