Pastor Greg is launching a new evangelism program for our church and he is unveiling it in this four-part series called “GO!” With a primary focus on The Great Commission, Pastor G will train us how to be effective and enthusiastic evangelists for Jesus. He has set a visionary goal for us to double in size as a church by the end of the year 2020. That will only happen if we ALL invite others to join us. When you have been properly trained and discipled yourself, sharing your faith with others becomes easy, enjoyable and spiritually fulfilling. We receive a tremendous feeling of blessing and accomplishment when we are actively obeying the commands of Jesus. Please join us for this powerful and uplifting four-part series. This week, Greg wraps it up with a challenge for all of us to invite at least five people to attend worship with us next Sunday.
And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” ~ Matthew 28:18-20
42.1% of the world’s people groups have never even heard, yet alone accepted, the Good News of Jesus Christ, the Gospel that we are supposed to be preaching to the whole world, to all nations, to all people groups.
PASTOR GREG’S OFFER/REQUEST OF OUR CONGREGATION
If you will help me get the people of our village here, I will make sure they hear the Gospel. I will make sure they have an opportunity to receive Jesus as their Lord and Savior. I will make sure they get baptized once they’ve done that. I will make sure they are discipled. I will make sure they are taught everything Jesus taught us.
Will you invite FIVE PEOPLE to attend worship WITH YOU here NEXT SUNDAY?
QUESTIONS FOR REFLECTION
ALOHA GROUP DISCUSSION QUESTIONS
1) Did you agree to Pastor Greg’s challenge to invite five people to our worship services next week? Why or why not? When he asks you to take five more invite cards next month what will your answer be? How about the month after that?
2) Have you have a chance to invite anyone yet? If so, how did it go? If not, who are you planning on inviting first? Do you have any concerns? If so, what are they?
3) Have you watched any of the TrueLife.org videos yet? If so, which one(s)? Did you learn anything new? If so, what?
4) Pastor Greg has said that “doubling our church size in a year” is EASY. All it takes is every one of us successfully inviting at least one new person to begin attending. Do you think that sounds easy or difficult? Why?
5) What if we all successfully invited two or three or four new people each year? How would our church life be different? How would the village life change? What effect would that have on the Great Commission?