Pastor G continues his message series on how Waikoloa Community Church is “A Place To Belong.” This week his focus on how this is “A Place To Find Purpose.” He shares with us that we all have four purposes in life, including a Unique Purpose that God has designed specifically into us.
God Intentionally Chose To Create You Just The Way You Are
You Are God’s Poetry In Motion
God doesn’t NEED us to accomplish His plans.
But God CHOSE us to be a part of His plan anyway.
YOU HAVE FOUR PURPOSES IN LIFE
1) You have an ETERNAL PURPOSE! ~ To Give God Glory.
Everyone who is called by My name, and whom I have created for My glory,
Whom I have formed, even whom I have made.” ~ Isaiah 43:7
(Psalm 19:1, Isaiah 6:3, Luke 19:40)
2) You have a KINGDOM PURPOSE! ~ To Spread the Gospel.
Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. ~ Mark 16:15
Apostolos (GREEK) ~~ Apostle/One Who Is Sent Out (ENGLISH)
The glory of God, and, as our only means to glorifying Him,
the salvation of human souls, is the real business of life. ~ C.S. Lewis
We are God’s PLAN A for spreading the Gospel! There is NO PLAN B! ~ Pastor Greg Scott
3) You have a UNIQUE PURPOSE! ~ To Fulfill Your God-Given S.H.A.P.E.
“What have you done in your life that you believe in and you are proud of?”
(Romans 12:4-8, 1 Corinthians 12:14-18)
S.H.A.P.E. = Spiritual Gifts ~ Heart ~ Abilities ~ Personality ~ Experiences
4) You have a SEASONAL PURPOSE! ~ To Serve Where God Plants You.
(ALOHA GROUP DISCUSSION QUESTIONS)
Pastor G said we all have Four Purposes in life. Do you agree or disagree? Why?
READ: Isaiah 43:7, Psalm 19:1, Isaiah 6:3 and Luke 10:40
1) What is God’s ultimate purpose in creating you?
2) What does it mean to “glorify God?” How do you do that? How do you know if what you are doing is bringing glory to God?
3) What is “glory” in this context?
4) Pastor G briefly mentioned “to do lists” in his message. What if you began your day with a list that had one bullet point: “GLORIFY GOD”? What would your day look like if your purpose was to glorify Him every hour? What would your day look like if your purpose was not to glorify Him every hour?
READ: Mark 16:15, Matthew 28:16-20 and Romans 10:13-15
1) Pastor G said we are ALL apostolos, people sent out by Jesus to represent Him to the world. Do you agree or disagree? Why?
2) How do you “preach” the Gospel to the people you interact with on a daily basis? Why is it important for other people to hear this message?
3) Why do you think God has entrusted this to us? Pastor G said we are God’s Plan A for spreading the Gospel and there is no Plan B. Do you agree or disagree? Why? If only a few people share the Gospel message what will happen to the Church?
READ: Romans 12:4-8, 1 Corinthians 12:14-18
1) Do you feel like you have found your Unique Purpose yet? If so, share what that is with your Aloha Group. If not, are you willing to participate in a S.H.A.P.E. Class with Pastor G?
2) How have you seen your Unique Purpose shift in different seasons of your life?
3) Do you have any idea what kind of seasonal purpose God is leading you into next? How can you find out?