Pastor Greg concludes the series called “The Sweet Life” with this third and final installment. In this series, h he shares how God exhorts us to sanctify (set apart) our physical, emotional/mental and spiritual life for His purposes and His glory. Living “The Sweet Life” is all about finding true satisfaction in life that really lasts. In this third and final week he teaches us how to experience “The Spiritual Sweet Life” by following Jesus as the one, true God.
If you missed the previous week’s messages in this series you can use the links below. Mahalo!
Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. ~ 1Thessalonians 5:23
“Christians think 4,199 religions are false, atheists just think it is one more.” ~ Atheists
“I don’t believe in your God, the same way you don’t believe in anyone else’s.” ~ Atheists
The fool has said in his heart, “There is no God.” ~ Psalm 14:1a
For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. ~ Romans 1:20
C.S. Lewis ~ Lord, Liar or Lunatic (Our only three options for Jesus.)
If we have hoped in Christ in this life only, we are of all men most to be pitied. ~ 1 Corinthians 15:19
Jesus claimed to be the one, true God.
I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. ~ John 14:6
I and the Father are one. ~ John 10:30
The Apostles claimed Jesus was the one, true God.
The Father loves the Son and has given all things into His hand. He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”~ John 3:35-36
And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved. ~ Acts 4:12
Josh McDowell ~ All the disciples would not die for a lie they knew was a lie.
Charles Colson ~ Watergate leaders couldn’t keep the secret. No way the apostles kept a secret lie for 40 years and went to their graves to protect it.
Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe; the works that I do in My Father’s name, these testify of Me. But you do not believe because you are not of My sheep. My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand. ~ John 10: 25-29
for “Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.” How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher? How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news of good things!” ~ Romans 10:13-15
ALOHA GROUP QUESTIONS
1) Do you have any friends or family that are agnostics or atheists? Do you ever talk about faith, religion, God, etc. with them? What is their reaction? What kind of points do they make for their disbelief? Have they ever made any good points that made you think? Have they ever made you experience some doubt with their points? Why or why not?
2) Have you ever expressed some of the points Pastor Greg made about the solar system and Earth? How about the Lord, Liar, Lunatic logical proof? How about the fact that all the disciples were willing to die for their faith or the fact that 95% of the population of the Earth believes in some kind of supreme being?
READ: Psalm 14:1 and Romans 1:20
1) What are some of the “invisible attributes” of God Paul is referring to here? What “evidence” of God do you see in our world? In your life?
2) Do you think there are other reasons people look at the same evidence for God that we do and they just choose not to see it? What would some of those reasons be?
READ: 1 Corinthians 15:19
1) Pastor G shared his thoughts about this statement of Paul. Can you put this Scripture into your own words? If you had to explain to a friend what Paul meant by this what would you say? Do your agree with Paul about this? Why or why not?
READ: John 14:6, John 10:30, John 3:35-36 and Acts 4:12
1) Do you really believe these Scriptures? Do you have any doubts about them? Why or why not?
2) If these are really true and you accept and apply them in your life do you think you would live “the spiritual sweet life?” Why or why not?
3) What is “the spiritual sweet life” from your perspective? What does it look like? How do you experience it?
READ: John 10:25-29, Romans 10:13-15 and 1 John 4:18
1) When you read these two passages how does it make you feel? Do you believe them? How have your experienced their truth in your own life? Are these two passages part of what it means to you to live “the spiritual sweet life?” Why or why not?
2) What can you do, specifically, to help your friends and family experience “the spiritual sweet life?” Is there any fear in doing that? If so, what is it? How can you overcome that fear? Why is it important to do so?